What is the best construction material for bathroom cabinets?
- Aluminium: One of the most durable metals, aluminium never rusts or corrodes even if exposed to moisture. It’s the primary reason you can try bathroom cabinets made of this robust material. Moreover, aluminium made cabinets are generally available at reasonable price tags.
- Stainless steel: Another metal that’s reputable to withstand daily usage. Stainless steel made cabinets look modern and are easy to clean. Style changes with each passing year, but steel has its elegance that cannot be overshadowed by any other trend.
- Wood: Cost-effective option than stainless steel and aluminium made cabinets, wooden models are available in traditional and modern designs. Walnut and Oak are the common wood types used to construct these structures.
MDF cabinets are also suitable because they are water-resistant. However, MDF made models are not water-resistant. So, avoid installing such a fixture at places where it has to face direct moisture or water. Even if gets splashed, you should try to clean the structure as soon as possible.
Corner bathroom cabinets
Freestanding Bathroom Storage Cabinets
What to consider while choosing a bathroom cabinet?
- Know your requirements: Make a mindset about what you need from the new purchase. If you have a large family, then look for a cabinet that can offer enough storage space for all the toiletries. On the contrary, you can go to a small cabinet if you are a family of two.
- Decide a budget: Setting price range before you look for any bathroom furniture is beneficial because it helps you to narrow down the search results that save time.
- Measure the open space: Measure the area where you will place or install the cabinet. Find a fixture that fixes within the given space.
- Think about the installation methods: Wall mountable cabinets need some level of DIY skills. On the contrary, you can easily place a freestanding cabinet anywhere. Some of the wall mountable unit might need some serious drilling that can damage your bathroom’s walls. So, call a professional if you are unable to follow the setup instructions.
Features to consider
- Shaving Socket: A bathroom cabinet with a shaving socket can solve your problem when you want some quick trimming. For instance, the model from Warmiehomy is a top-notch option if you need some added storage plus a mirror in your bathroom.
- Demister: What is your perfect way to start the morning? A refreshing morning option could a nice answer. But, what if you come to know that the mirror will not be functional because of the extra fog? A cabinet with a demister pad keeps the cabinet mirror a little heated above the room temperature to avoid fogging.
- Bluetooth Speakers: It’s not only the showers and toilets that are taking advantages of technology. Now, you can find bathroom cabinets with inbuilt speakers that can play music directly from your tablet or smartphone. Yes, the price tag of such fixtures are high, but it’s worth if you are in love with music. For instance, you can try the Neue Design Illuminated bathroom mirror cabinet.
- Infra-Red Sensors: If you want to enjoy some luxury then try a bathroom cabinet with infra-red sensors. It will do the needful by sensing the motion of your hand. So, there is no need to touch switches or buttons.